Service Group Coordinator
The Service Group Coordinator is responsible for managing service groups throughout the process of participating in the Festival from application to the post-festival donation calculation (training will be provided). Service groups are (generally) non-profit organizations who volunteer as groups to assist in the sale of beverages at stands throughout the Festival. Following the Festival, the Service Group Coordinator will work with the Festival Management to review the service groups and make a donation to each organization based on an hourly donation rate and bonuses.
Availability: A suitable candidate must be available part time (15 to 20 hours a week) on May 1, 2017, and must have full availability the two weeks before the Festival through the week after the Festival.
- Distributing Festival schedule forms for service groups to utilize to determine their minimum volunteer capacity
- Managing service group’s proposed schedule of participation
- Following up with service groups to fill any gaps in their schedules
- Coordinating meetings to train service group leaders
- Recruiting service groups, if necessary
- Maintaining all paperwork in relation to service groups including individual releases
- Managing service groups, volunteer hours per service group, and individual volunteers at the Festival
- Completing post-Festival paperwork within the week following the Festival
- Reviewing with Festival management donation rates
- Processing and calculating donations for each service groups in a timely manner
- Volunteer coordination experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Must have experience managing people
- Must be very organized and capable of handling multiple projects at once
- Excellent telephone manners
- Must have strong background in Excel and basic knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Basic knowledge of general office procedures and equipment
- Friendly, patient and outgoing personality
- Ability to work long hours the during the festival and for 2 weeks prior to the festival
Compensation: $6250.00 total fee split into bi-weekly payments May through September. Payment schedule will be discussed during interviews. Schedule ramps up closer to the Festival as time commitment scales up. Bonus available following successful completion of tasks.
Apply: Submit resume and cover letter to Sarah Megna at SarahM@EventsbyEMG.com. NO CALLS ABOUT ANY POSITIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.